Photo - Girl in the Jibrin reception center in Aleppo, December 2016 © Oberg PhotoGraphics ⏰ WAKE-UP CALL Eastern Aleppo was liberated four years ago, in mid-December 2016. Silence today. Denial today. I was one of the few witnesses on the ground, the only person from Scandinavia. My photos and some of my many texts [...]
17. maj 2020 I dag holder Det Nødvendige Seminarium, DNS, i Tvind sin årlige fred og retfærdigheds-konference. Som et par gange før bad de mig om at indlede en diskussion - i år dog på video. Debatten om forelæsningen fandt sted kl 15 online via Zoom. Takket være Coronaen så kunne det hele ses af [...]
30. april 2020 Jeg har her tidligere her på bloggen skrevet om kunstneren Gudrun Steen-Andersens særdeles innovative installation, Perpetuum Mobile, der inddrager forskere i et tankeeksperiment - "Hvad hvis al migration blev givet fri i verden?" - som de så besvarer i korte videoer. Det var 2019. I marts i år blev de samme personer [...]
March 20, 2020 It should be obvious that China and it's 1400 million people have managed this grave challenge in a way that should make every thinking human curious. However a large segment of the Western politicians - Trump in particular - and media have shown no particular curiosity whereas much has been presented about [...]
3. marts 2020 Tak til Arbejderen og Anders Fenger for at man fokuserer på og støtter at folkeretten og FN-Pagten - der trædes under fode af alle regeringer, hotheads og ukyndige - er vigtig. Det er fortvivlende få medier, der har denne holdning. FN-Pagten er det mest gandhianske dokument menneskeheden har. Uden folkeretten, FN og [...]
January 13, 2020 European allies of the U-S have turned down a request by the American President to leave the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, the JCPOA. France says it remains committed to the Iran deal, and will continue to work with other parties. Britain has pledged to remain committed too. Prime Minister Boris Johnson [...]
18. oktober 2019 Jeg tænkte at du sikkert er interesseret i fred og international spørgsmål. Hvis jeg har ret, hvorfor så ikke abonnere på det - gratis - nyhedsbrev fra en af verdens få tilbageværende helt-helt uafhængige tænketanke for FN-målet om at "freds skal skabes med fredelige midler". Det er let at læse og æstetisk [...]
September 3, 2019 Its all so easy...so very easy... perhaps so easy that only criminals get it? And get away with it? About rape at different levels - and how we relate to them Kurds violently carve out their own state on sovereign Syria's territory. Turkey hates Kurds and is itself a main destroyer of [...]
16. juli 2019 Arbejderen er tilsyneladende den eneste danske avis, der er interesseret i "andre" synspunkter på denne konflikt end de gængse mainstream, styret af amerikanske interesser og nyhedsbureauer. Det er jeg selvsagt taknemmelig for. Hér kan du læse hvordan jeg ser på hele historien og bedømmer risikoen for at en krig bryder ud - [...]
The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, NATO, celebrated its 70th Anniversary on April 4, 2019. Some of us don’t see anything worth celebrating about an incredibly expensive, dangerous and harmful alliance which should have been closed down exactly 30 years ago. Why 30 years ago? Because in 1989, the First Cold War in the Western sphere [...]
And why I am switching balances from the most noble and important - but momentarily meaningless - job to something more rewarding... February 1, 2019 Just yesterday, I posted this extremely important and modest appeal - the Basel Appeal - on our foundation's homepage, The Transnational, here. It was disseminated to social media, among others, [...]
That's what New York Times told us on August 6, 2018, here. How sad for a West that no longer believes in its own core values but goes increasingly authoritarian. In the name of the common good, we get the common bad. 1. What a weak, nervous and insecure society it is that cannot tolerate [...]
Why is the UN still so important - in spite of having had its Charter violated repeatedly during the last 25 years? https://www.facebook.com/obergpeace.artphotographics/videos/287165988441422/ Why should we not - cynically - side with the cynical and powerful countries that want to undermine and marginalise the world's finest organisation with the most Gandhian-like document ever signed by [...]
Here is the background article. Funnily, or perhaps not so strange, there is some denial of this story too. Perhaps it wasn't intended that it should end up in the public domain? And here my comments to this ill-considered escalation.
With his speech today - half an hour ago - U.S. President Trump has taken a huge step into uncharted territories. (Here on video). One that implies a 60-75% risk of leading to a US attack on Iran. Behind him stands the hardline militarists whom he has himself appointed. Secondly, neo-conservative individuals and think tanks [...]
Commenting on the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize to ICAN
Jan Oberg comments on NATO and the need for a much larger citizens-taxpayers movement against militarism since, for almost 70 years since 1949, NATO has failed miserably in creating the peace it says it aims at. In addition it is systematically violating its Treaty.
By Jan Oberg Lund, Sweden - Hiroshima Day, August 6, 2017 Welcome to the Nuclear Denial Party!! Since marketing, omitted and fake news have - to a worrying extent - replaced knowledge and ethics, why not celebrate that the media have omitted every mention of Hiroshima Day today? Why not celebrate that all the responsible [...]
Does the U.S. have anything constructive and benign to offer the world anymore?In this comment on PressTV I list a series of arguments against these new sanctions which were passed by the US Senate two days later.