The UN Charter states clearly:
• The equal rights of men and women
• The equal rights of nations large and small
• The norm to bring about peace by peaceful means
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states clearly:
• The norm that all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.
• That everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
So why do our governments spend close to US$ 2000 billion per year on arms?
Why do we have to witness all these wars, most of them interventionist NATO/Western wars in the Middle East?
Why has violence forced 60 million people, the equivalent of Italy’s population, from their homes, their number growing rapidly?
Why do governments send asylum seekers back to life-threatening risks? Why does Sweden violate the Dublin Convention to get rid of asylum-seekers?
Because our governments don’t give a damn about international law and its foundation in the UN Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
This is what we must say: We don’t want walls anywhere. Period!
No, we don’t want new walls in Europe or anywhere else.
We want no wall between Denmark and Sweden either.
We want less war and thus less violence. We want more globally mixed communities by people coming to other countries, not as refugees but as fellow global citizens. We want unity in diversity and not unity in conformity.
Walls is violence. Walls is discrimination – by those who build them. Walls are violations of law and humanity’s needs and rights.
It’s a simple as that.
Tear down your inner and outer walls! Do it fast – before nationalism, greed, racism and more wars become mainstream, feeding upon each other – and destroying our civilisation.